Managers vs. tools is a very important concept in Clear Estimates. You can see in the image below where your tools and managers are:
Managers (Home, Customers, Projects & Reports)
- Edit/Create specific customers and projects
- Add/edit Customers
- Start/edit a Project
- Generate and print Reports (aka proposals)
Tools (Parts, Templates, Options, Update)
- Settings for ALL customers, projects, and reports
- Add/Edit Parts To the database
- Add/Edit Templates
- Edit your Clear Estimates Options
- Update Prices from RemodelMAX
Q: Where do you add parts to a project?
A: The Project Manager. In the project manager, you can add parts to a project for a customer. This is where you create your list of parts that make up your estimate. You can also add a template of parts from here
Q: I have a specific part that I use on a lot of projects, why do I have to create it each time I do an estimate?
A: Well, you don’t! If you use parts often (or just more than once) you can add that part to the database in the Parts Tool. Once it is added to the database, you can use it in any future project.